The Ninja Star is a must have for people who need to "Record Apple ProRes on Board" camera rigs, such as Drones, RC Helicopters, extreme sports and Reality TV.
The Ninja Star is the next break through in external HDMI recorders based on core technologies that have made Atomos the leader in camera mounted solutions. Its small, self contained size and flexible mounting options allow DP's and cameramen to mount it to just about any POV set-up and offer edit ready format recording with ProRes.
Since the company was founded in 2010 Atomos has broken new ground in the design and functionality of recording, monitoring and playback devices. By listening closely to their customers Atomos recognised a common need for a light and portable ProRes recorder which has greater flexibility with mounting options. The dimensions of the Ninja Star are slender at only 3.5" wide, 2.3" tall and 0.8" deep and it weighs a fraction of a normal recorder at just 100grams (3.5 oz). The Ninja Star is perfect for creative or extreme camera work or in situations where a large monitor is prohibitive or stealth is required.
Taking advantage of low-cost, modern technology by utilising HDMI-capable pro-video and consumer camcorders, as well as DSLRs and mirrorless breeds. The Ninja Star can record in both HD and ProRes to capture pristine, 422 10-bit images straight from any camera sensor directly to inexpensive first generation CFast media with up to 3hrs ProRes for $250. It also features Timecode and Start/Stop Trigger along with Audio Line- in.
- Construction: Aircraft grade aluminium for durability + portability.Fanless for silent operation.
- Operating Power: 3.0W (Monitoring Only) / 6.0W (Rec, Mon & Play)
- Batteries: 7.2V-14.4V Battery System Compatible any source NP Series, D-Tap, and supporting accessories. All 7.4v 1. 2600mAh - Up to 10hrs, 2. 5200mAh - Up to 20hrs, 3. 7800mAh - Up to 30hrs, 4. AC Adaptor (included), 5. D-Tap Adaptor (sold separately)
- Continuous Power* : Primary-Secondary battery system. Change batteries without losing power.Loop batteries continuously.*Patent Pending
- Touchscreen: Size: 4.3" diagonal. Resolution: 800x480. Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native / 4:3 Letterbox. SMPTE Colour Specification. Native Frame Rate Playback (48-60Hz)
- Video Input: HDMI x 1
- Video Out: Reclocked, ultra low jitter professional grade HDMI output, "HDMI 1.4"
- Supported Formats (In/Out): HD 1080i60, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080p30, 1080p25, 1080p24, 1080p23.98, 1080p30(60i), 1080p25(50i), 1080p24(60i), 1080p23.98(60i), 720p60, 720p59.94,20p50, SD 486i59.94, 576i50 pSF - Progressive Segmented Frame modes are recorded to Progressive rates
- Realtime Hardware Encoding: ProRes - HQ - 220Mbps, 422 -150Mbps, LT - 100Mbps Avid DNxHD - 220X - 220Mbps (10-bit), 220 - 220Mbps (8-bit), 145 - 145Mbps (8-bit), 36 - 36Mbps (proxy)
- Audio input: HDMI 2 channel + 2 analog channels with gain controls
- Audio Output: HDMI 2 channel, Analog line and headphone
- Timecode: Sony and Canon compatible HDMI timecode in and out
- Ninja Star Unit
- Carry Case
- 1 x 2600mAh Battery (N, L Series Compatible)
- Single 1000mAh AC Battery Charger (US, UK, EU, AU Plug)
- 1 x CFAST ATOMCFA001 Card Reader
- NOTE: Cfast card required
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Atomos
There are currently no product reviews.
Atomos products, not including TFT/LCD will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
Some items may qualify for an upgrade to a 3 year warranty upon registering the product at www.atomos.com/registration