Unleash Your Camera's HDMI
Ninja Assassin extends the legacy of the Atomos Ninja line up in to the realms of 4K UHD and 1080 60p. The HDMI output is the key to unleashing your camera's capability, maximizing video image quality by recording your footage directly from the camera's sensor. We then record this pristine image to Hollywood quality Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR codecs. The edit ready video files created by Ninja Assassin are visually lossless with each frame being captured in full resolution (I frame recording) just like film.
Assassinate MPEG Poor Quality
Bypass the highly compressed internal MPEG / h.264 camera compression increasing color resolution (with 4:2:2 color sampling) and color accuracy with 10 bit color (1 Billions Colors) in all recordings.
4K Recording at HD Prices
Harness the power of 2.5" computer storage media, reducing cost and increasing capacity and reliability, making 4K the same cost as affordable HD today. 4K recording onto 1TB delivers an amazing 3 hours of ProRes 422 HQ @ 25 fps. HD recording onto even more affordable HDD's, 1TB delivers 10 hours of ProRes 422 HQ @ 25 fps. Atomos have teamed up with the major HDD and SSD names in the world to ensure availability and reliability you know and trust.
Professional Shot Setup You Can Trust
Ninja Assassin provides a range of easy to use professional monitoring tools which include Focus Peaking Assist, 1:1 & 2:1 Zoom with image pan & scan, False Color (skin tones), Zebra and Waveform/Vector Scopes for in-depth image analysis. Out of the box the display is color calibrated to REC709 standard and is capable of delivering 100% of sRGB and has a full 1080P resolution with over 320 Pixels per square inch.
Advanced Recording Capability
Ninja Assassin puts smart production tools in your arsenal that's designed to allow you to ....Go back in time with Pre-Roll, up to 8 seconds of HD or 2-3 seconds of 4K, Video Time-lapse gives lots of creative license with up to 10 different sequences, speed ramp and scheduled start and end times over 24 hrs; Use anamorphic de-squeeze, the perfect companion for Panasonic's Anamorphic and anamorphic lenses; 4K to HD down convert gives you the benefits of 4K content with the ability to deliver to existing HD environment, including projects, TV and Signage; 3D LUT's allow you to create a signature look or even recreate classic film stock instantly, with 50/50 3D/Normal split view, you can compare effects and make creative decisions on the fly; The 3.5mm analog audio input allows connectivity from analog mixers or microphones locked frame accurately to your video.
Pipeline to your Timeline
Ninja Assassin increases the speed of your end to end workflow, allowing more time for creativity. Make edit decisions on the fly and in review with a choice of 10 tags. You can start to mark clips while you record and then Review, cut and tag in playback mode. You can even create a play list of your favorite clips and instantly review the action with clients both on the Assassin, and out to a 4K or HD big screen TV/Monitor.
- Increased Color Accuracy: Bypass the internal camera compression to achieve increased color accuracy in Professional Edit friendly Codecs
- Hollywood Editing Quality: Visually lossless compression in a format that is designed to be edited
- Video Analysis Tools: Visualize the dynamic range, protect high / low lights with professional Waveforms, LUMA & RGB parade and Vector scope for monitoring white balance and color hue
- No Record Time Limit: Recording externally to the camera puts an end to the traditional 30min recording barrier on DSLR and Mirrorless cameras
- Focus Assist: Focus and Exposure assist tools with 1:1 and 2:1 Zoom for 4K
- 4K to HD Down-scale: Record your clips in 4K and play them out in HD for use on existing equipment such as TVs, Monitors and Projectors
- 7" SuperAtom IPS Monitor: Class leading color accurate monitor with over six times the average viewing area of a DSLR and life time accurate colors with calibration
- Apply & Preview LUT: Preview and apply LUTs for more creative shooting and simple grades or Film Stock looks, upgrade your own anytime, anywhere!
- Compatible Cameras: Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, JVC, Samsung.
- CFast 2.0, 2.5" SSD and HDD (7200rpm up to 1080p60) Sata III to Cfast 2.0 adapter required.
- Compatible Media: Intel, Kingston, SanDisk, Transcend.
- Without batteries & media: 430g / 15.16oz
- With batteries & media: 686g / 24.2oz
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 196 x 110 x 47mm, 7.7 x 4.3 x 1.85"
- Construction: High-quality lightweight ABS Polycarbonate for durability & portability
- Outer Protection: Included silicon bumper for drop and usage protection
- Operating power: 10 - 20W
- Compatible batteries: Sony L Series (NP), D-Tap and supporting accessories
- Input voltage (battery): 6.2V to 16.8V
- Battery time (based on 7.4V):
- - 5200mAh - up to 1.5 hrs (monitor & record 4K)
- - 7800mAh - up to 2.2 hrs (monitor & record 4K)
- DC In: 1 x DC in (6.2 - 16.8 V)
- Continuous power * Patent pending : via optional Power Station
- Touch Screen:
- Size: 7.1"
- Resolution: 1920 x 1200
- PPI: 320
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 native
- Color standard: REC709 HDTV
- Look up table (LUT) support: 3D/1D LUT (on screen, on output, in recording, split screen view)
- Technology: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch),
- Calibration in factory to Rec.709. InField Calibration with Optional Atomos/Datacolor Spyder (Calibration Software download provided)
- Video Input & Output (play out):
- HDMI (1.4b) Signal: Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit to 10 bit 422 sampling (camera dependent)
- Audio In/Out (48kHz PCM Audio):
- HDMI: 2 or 8ch 24-bit, camera dependent
- Analog Audio: Line in / Headphone out 2ch 48kHz 16-bit
- Processing: Gain control on headphone and Line in
- Audio Delay: Delay setting +1 to 99 Frames
- Ninja Assassin Unit
- EVA Soft Carry Case
- 9V-3A AC Adapter
- Master Caddy II x 1
- Red Ninja Assassin Protective Bumper
- Quickstart Guide
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Atomos