The Ninja-2 is a portable, intuitive touchscreen-operated HD recorder, monitor and playback device for professional media producers. It captures pristine 10-bit 4:2:2 video and audio direct from any HDMI source: DSLRs, decks, switchers, PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone. The Ninja-2 consumes very little power, ensuring long recording times (up to 16.5 hours on a 750GB disk) and the efficient use of batteries.
Easy to use on the go
The AtomOS operating system driving the Ninja-2 allows access to all functions through a fast and responsive touch-screen interface. SmartMonitor helps you accurately assess focus and exposure with focus peaking, adjustable zebra, false colour twin mode, blue-only exposure check and adjustments for individual filters. SmartLog allows you to get started on post-production in the field by logging and pre-editing your footage on the fly.
Capture in real time
Capture content in real-time directly from the camera sensor and encode it to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD formats, eliminating the lossy, time consuming capture-to-edit process. Bypass the image-degrading compression of in-camera flash storage and use limitless and cheap storage on removable 2.5 inch hard disks.
Tough in the field
The Ninja-2 is built from aircraft-grade aluminium. It's light and can be mounted almost anywhere. All accessories come in a rugged case: batteries, chargers, disk caddies and a PC/Mac docking station.
Continuous Power allows you to unplug the depleted battery and replace it with a fully charged one without interrupting recording. The Ninja-2 comes with an AC power adaptor and two Lithium Ion camera batteries, which offer up to 10 hours battery life for continuous power on location and on the road.
- Real-time monitoring, playback, playout & edit logging in the field
- 4.3” 800 x 480 touchscreen monitor
- Focus assist, zebra & false color monitoring
- Record direct from the sensor to 10-bit, 4:2:2 ProRes or DNxHD
- Trigger REC/STOP from camera (certain Canon & Sony models only)
- Timecode from camera (certain Canon & Sony models only)
- Uses inexpensive 2.5” HDD/SSD media
- AC/DC/battery with patented Continuous Power
- Battery adaptor plates for Sony, Canon & Nikon DSLRs included.
- Construction: Aircraft grade aluminium for durability + portability.Fanless for silent operation.
- Operating Power: 3.0W (Monitoring Only) / 6.0W (Rec, Mon & Play)
- Batteries: 7.2V-14.4V Battery System Compatible any source NP Series, D-Tap, and supporting accessories. All 7.4v 1. 2600mAh - Up to 10hrs, 2. 5200mAh - Up to 20hrs, 3. 7800mAh - Up to 30hrs, 4. AC Adaptor (included), 5. D-Tap Adaptor (sold separately)
- Continuous Power* : Primary-Secondary battery system. Change batteries without losing power.Loop batteries continuously.*Patent Pending
- Touchscreen: Size: 4.3" diagonal. Resolution: 800x480. Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native / 4:3 Letterbox. SMPTE Colour Specification. Native Frame Rate Playback (48-60Hz)
- Video Input: HDMI x 1
- Video Out: Reclocked, ultra low jitter professional grade HDMI output, "HDMI 1.4"
- Supported Formats (In/Out): HD 1080i60, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080p30, 1080p25, 1080p24, 1080p23.98, 1080p30(60i), 1080p25(50i), 1080p24(60i), 1080p23.98(60i), 720p60, 720p59.94,20p50, SD 486i59.94, 576i50 pSF - Progressive Segmented Frame modes are recorded to Progressive rates
- Realtime Hardware Encoding: ProRes - HQ - 220Mbps, 422 -150Mbps, LT - 100Mbps Avid DNxHD - 220X - 220Mbps (10-bit), 220 - 220Mbps (8-bit), 145 - 145Mbps (8-bit), 36 - 36Mbps (proxy)
- Audio input: HDMI 2 channel + 2 analog channels with gain controls
- Audio Output: HDMI 2 channel, Analog line and headphone
- Timecode: Sony and Canon compatible HDMI timecode in and out
- 1 x Ninja 2 Unit
- 1 x AC Adapter for Ninja / Samurai Connect
- 1 x 2600 mAh Battery - (NP-570 compatible)
- 2 x Master Caddy HDD/SSD Cases
- 1 x Docking Station w/USB2.0 & 3.0 only (Ninja-2, Samurai, & Ronin Compatible
- 1 x Single Battery Charger - 1000 mAh Charger and Cable (US,UK, EU, AU Plug)
- SSD & HDD drives not included.
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Atomos