The Ronin portable Recorder/Player/Monitor is a smart solution for both fixed-facility and on-location video production. Based on the award-winning Samurai field recorder, the Ronin features touchscreen ease of use, capture to Apple ProResr or Avid DNxHD, professional monitoring and edit review. Like the Samurai, it can operate on location with battery or DC power, but it can be used in a fixed facility, rack-mounted environment using AC power.
In addition, the Ronin has balanced XLR inputs and outputs, along with a front panel headphone jack with channel monitoring selections. It also has an internal battery charging system for attached Atomos batteries when connected to AC power.
For HDMI capability, simply attach an Atomos Connect H2S and/or S2H converter. The Ronin's compact half-rack size makes it suitable for any video production environment.
- AtomOS 3.0 touchscreen application for recording, monitoring, playback and edit review
- Compact half-rack size - portable or rack mount
- Full HD-SDI Recorder/Player , ProRes or DNxHD (available Q4/2012)
- AC, DC or battery operation
- Balanced audio with XLR inputs and outputs
- Front panel headphone jack
- Serial control compatible
- Top handle, tilting feet and 1/4 inch mounting points for accessories
- Construction: Steel construction for durability + portability. Fanless for silent operation
- Operating Power: 3.3W (Monitoring Only) / 6.8W (Rec, Mon & Play).
- Power and battery options: Internal AC power supply 100-240V 50/60Hz, 7.2V-14.4V Battery System, Compatible NP Series, 2 x DC output, D-Tap
- Continuous Power: Primary-Secondary battery system.Change batteries without losing power.Loop batteries continuously.Built in charger, charges attached Atomos batteries for portable use or AC power loss back-up.
- Touchscreen:Size: 5" diagonal. Resolution: 800x480, Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native /4:3 Letterbox. SMPTE Colour Specification Native Frame Rate Playback (48-60Hz)
- Video Input: HD/SD-SDI x 1 SMPTE 259/292/296M
- Video Output: HD/SD-SDI x 1 SMPTE 259/292/296M
- Supported Formats: HD 1080i60, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080p30, 1080p25, 1080p24, 1080p23.98, 1080pSF23.98, 1080pSF24, 1080pSF25, 1080pSF30, 720p60, 720p59.94, 720p50, SD 486i59.94, 576i50
- Realtime Hardware Encoding: ProRes - HQ - 220Mbps, 422 -150Mbps, LT - 100Mbps Avid DNxHD - 220X - 220Mbps (10-bit), 220 - 220Mbps (8-bit), 145 - 145Mbps (8-bit), 36 - 36Mbps (proxy)
- Onboard Processing: 25pSF (50i) > 25p, 30pSF (60i) > 30p, 24p (3:2-60i) > 24p, 23.98p (3:2-59.94i) > 23.98p
- Audio input: 48kHZ PCM audio, SDI embedded: 12 channels 48 kHz 16 bit, XLR: 2 channels balanced analog audio 48 kHz 16 bit. +24dBu clipping level, 96 dB SNR, adjustable input gain (analog gain -12dB)
- Audio output: 48kHZ PCM audio, DI embedded: 12 channels 48 kHz 16 bit, XLR: 2 channels balanced analog audio 48 kHz 16 bit. +24dBu clipping level,96 dB SNR. Level settable +18dBu/+24dBu, headphone (>=16 Ohm) for onboard review (select any pair of channels)
- Remote Start and Stop: Via SDI trigger / Via SDI timecode / Via Lanc controller, full unit control via Atomos Serial Control Protocol.
- 2 x Ronin Unit
- 4 x 2600 mAh Battery - (NP-570 compatible)
- 10 x Master Caddy HDD/SSD Cases with screws
- 2 x Docking Station w/USB2.0, 3.0, FW 800, & USB Power cables included
- 2 x D-Tap battery Adapter ( Cable leads not included)
- 1 x 19" 3RU Ronin Rack Adapter with screws
- 1 x Ronin Duo Quick Start Guide
- SSD & HDD drives not included.
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Atomos
There are currently no product reviews.
Atomos products, not including TFT/LCD will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
Some items may qualify for an upgrade to a 3 year warranty upon registering the product at www.atomos.com/registration