Blackmagic MultiView 16 outputs both 1080p HD and native Ultra HD over SDI and HDMI monitors, making it possible to use professional broadcast monitors or the new massive Ultra HD consumer televisions for incredibly sharp, high resolution multi view monitoring that is twice the resolution of traditional HD multi viewers. Customers can choose layouts from 2x2 for 4 sources, 3x3 for 9 sources and 4x4 for 16 sources.
Blackmagic MultiView 16 includes sixteen multi rate 6G-SDI inputs with separate loop thru that are compatible with existing SD, HD and Ultra HD equipment. All 16 inputs feature automatic frame re-synchronization, so each view is like an independent video monitor, regardless of the input standard. That means customers can mix and match up to 16 different video standards all at the same time!
Blackmagic MultiView 16 is the perfect solution when there are lots of video feeds to monitor and limited space. Customers no longer have to connect multiple monitors, dozens of cables or run extra power. Simply plug in cameras, decks, switchers, routers and feeds into the SDI connections on Blackmagic MultiView 16 and they can see everything with amazing clarity and detail on a single Ultra HD display.
Because it works natively in Ultra HD, customers get four times the number of pixels in each view so the video looks sharper and clearer than ever before. Blackmagic MultiView 16 delivers an incredible 4 full resolution 1920 x 1080 HD video sources when running in 2x2 layout, or 16 half resolution 1080 HD videos sources at an amazing 960 x 540 resolution when running in 4x4 layout!
Blackmagic MultiView 16 is easy to use and includes an elegant machined metal front panel with dedicated buttons for quickly selecting any source. Video can be routed to any position on the grid at the push of a button or with the spin knob control, so it works just like a video router. MultiView 16 can also be controlled remotely over a network using the included Mac and Windows software, as well as from Videohub hardware control panels installed throughout a facility. There is also an SDK for custom broadcast integrations.
“Using MultiView 16 is like having 16 independent broadcast monitors on a single display,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “Facilities that don’t even care about working in Ultra HD can still get a huge benefit as when using an Ultra HD monitor connected to it, they get twice the resolution of regular 1080 HD inputs for twice the image clarity. That’s really critical when monitoring camera feeds where you want to check focus. Being able to view up to 16 mixed format sources on a single screen all at the same time, in such amazing quality and with incredible detail is mind blowing!”
Blackmagic MultiView 16 Key Features
- Worlds first multi view to allow the use of Ultra HD television for twice the image sharpness.
- Display up to 16 SDI sources on a single HD or Ultra HD display via SDI or HDMI.
- 16 multi rate 6G-SDI inputs with loop thru, compatible with all SD, HD and Ultra HD equipment.
- Automatic frame re-synchronization allows simultaneous display of mixed SD, HD and Ultra HD formats.
- Choose from solo, 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4 grid views.
- Supported output resolutions: 1920 x 1080 and 3840 x 2160.
- Easy to use front panel controls with dedicated source buttons, LCD screen and spin knob control.
- Durable elegant machined metal portable 1RU design with professional connections for 24/7 reliability.
- Built in 90V - 240V AC international power supply for use anywhere in the world.
- Remote control via Ethernet using the included Mac and Windows software.
- Remote control via Ethernet using Blackmagic Videohub hardware control panels.
- SDK available for custom integrations.
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Blackmagic Design