The PRX718XLF, extended low frequency subwoofer was designed and engineered to provide sub bass frequencies with accuracy and power. Used as a single sub in a sub/sat system or in multiples as part of a scalable, large format sound reinforcement system, the PRX718XLF performs with extreme efficiency and control.
The PRX718XLF extended low frequency subwoofer was designed and engineered to provide sub bass frequencies with accuracy and power. Used as a single sub in a sub/sat system or in multiples as part of a scalable, large format sound reinforcement system, the PRX718XLF performs with exceptional efficiency and control. The subs are stackable and light-weight ensuring quick set-ups and tear-downs. And due to their rugged construction are perfect for AV rental inventories. With a pole receptacle (that accepts a SS4-BK or SS4-BK24) on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru this is the most powerful low-frequency complement to the PRX full-range systems. The addition of a polarity reverse option further enables system optimization.
The PRX718XLF is a high performance self-powered subwoofer system. The PRX718XLF is comprised of a powerful 2278G Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, woofer driven by a 1500 Watt Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable cross-over functionality, polarity optimization, protection, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
All PRX700 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX700 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability.
The amplifier input panel offers stereo inputs with XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility. A user selectable crossover ensures a smooth transition to full-range system connected to the stereo outputs. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.
- 134 dB peak SPL
- 18" Differential Drive® low-frequency driver for low-distortion and higher SPL
- Efficient Class-D amplifier technology
- DSP Input limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Integrated stereo pass-thru, with selectable HP filter, and polarity reverse
- 2 x XLR-1/4" combination inputs, with 2 x XLR loop-thru
- Pole receptacle accepts a SS4-BK or SS4-BK24 on the top panel
- Multiple handles with comfort rubber grips for easy transport
- Integrated M10 suspension points for easy setup
- Lightweight poplar plywood cabinets made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints and protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish.
- Cloth backed, dent-resistant 16 gauge steel grilles
- Power Rating : 1500 W
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) : 30 Hz - 103 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB) : 35 Hz – 87 Hz
- Internal Crossover Frequency : 90 Hz DSP controlled 48 dB filter slope
- Loop out Crossover Frequency : 120 Hz analog 24 dB filter slope
- Maximum SPL : 134 dB peak
- Signal indicators : Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting
- Signal: Green LED indicates signal present
- Power/Standby : Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio, Red indicates system has power but is in a power saving mode and will not pass audio.
- Dynamic Control (Input) : dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit
- Input Impedance : 20K Ohms (balanced)
- Polarity : normal or reverse polarity
- LF Driver : 1 x JBL 2278G 460 mm (18 in) woofer
- Enclosure : Rectangular, 18 mm, plywood
- Suspension / Mounting : M20 threaded pole socket on top
- Transport : 2 x injection molded handles with backing cup
- Finish : Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish
- Grille : Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.
- Input Connectors : Two Balanced female XLR/ 1/4" combo connectors
- Output Connectors : Two balanced male XLR connectors.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 690.372 mm x 523.24 mm x 723.9 mm (27.18 in x 20.60 in x 28.50 in)
- Net Weight : 36.8 kg (81 lb.)
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized JBL