Ankur P. - 07/02/2014
- lightweight for a 15" speaker
- great look and feel to cabinet
- signature EV lit logo
- affordable price point with specs
- Sounds true to db rating
- crystal clear audio compared to the ZLX line (have performed side by side test)
- passive cooling with a non-existant heat sink troubles me (heatsink is literally not there)
- not 100% confident in the product when used out doors, even when in shaded area (haven't tried yet but have read many reviews)
- cabinet finish scratches easily -- invest in covers!
- Bass response is poor compared to other 15" speakers
These speakers are amazing. I've been a yorkville and jbl user all my life, but downsized and went with these - man are they clear sounding! I was considering the ZLX line, but there is really no comparison as the ELX build quality and sound quality is much better. For the price, these are amazing. I'd be cautious of using these outdoors as their heatsink and cooling are not easy to see. Would I buy these again if my budget was the same - yes! If I had more money, would I get something better - yes! Do these suffice for weddings? Definately! However, both the 112P and 115P lack bass - I have the 2 ELX 118P to even out the sound. I've seen a dj do a wedding with 2 x 112P and it sounded...amateur. The 115P definately sound a LOT better than the 112P, but do yourself a favor and buy at least 1 sub, be it an EV or not.
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend