Designed to deliver superb sound for the most demanding portable music playback applications, the product family consists of two satellite main speakers (models Axis 8 and Axis 12) and a companion subwoofer (model Axis 12S).
The Axis 8 and Axis 12 both utilize a novel coaxial design where the high frequency compression driver is mounted coaxially (at the apex) of the system’s low-frequency driver. This design—known as coincident mounting—ensures a time and phase coherent output, which markedly improves definition and clarity. The coaxial driver design also reduces the cabinet height by more than 30% compared to conventional speakers, making for compact units with markedly reduced visual bulk for maximized audience sightlines—a critical consideration for live performances.
The Axis 8 and Axis 12 use 8” and 12” low-frequency drivers, respectively. They share the following features in common:
- High-power 2000-watt Class D digital bi-amplification
- Massive power, light weight and reliability
- Precision coaxial drivers
- Optimized music performance in a compact enclosure
- Long-excursion woofers deliver deep, punchy bass and high acoustic output
- Coaxially-mounted 1.75” high-frequency compression driver with 1” acoustic aperture
- Speakers’ sound is propagated in a seamless, uninterrupted time envelope
- Coaxial design reduces cabinet height by over 30% vs. conventional speakers
- Uniform horizontal and vertical dispersion delivers optimum sound coverage
- On-board DSP controls an internal 5-band parametric EQ
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Denon DJ
There are currently no product reviews.
<p>1 year warranty from date of purchase.</p>