CEDAR's Dynamic Noise Suppression technology is the standard for removing background noise from dialogue, and the most powerful and effective way to clean dialogue in theatres, concert halls, conferences venues, and places of worship. With near-zero latency, 40-bit processing, and a fast, intuitive user interface, it eliminates traffic noise, air conditioning, wind, rain, babble and general background noise from audio signals. It will also help to compensate for unfavourable acoustic conditions and poor microphone placement, and will even suppress excessive reverberation.
The DNS 8 Live is the first DNS designed specifically for live use. With eight simultaneous channels of dialogue noise suppression (formatted as AES3 on XLR sockets plus DB25 using the AES59 pin-out) it hosts a new DNS algorithm boasting a simplified '2-knob' approach as well as a detailed editing mode that offers more control than any previous dialogue noise suppressor. Nonetheless, it retains the near-zero latency of all its predecessors, making it suitable for use in all live situations - not just live-to-air broadcasting, but also live sound in venues such as theatres, concert halls, conferences venues, and places of worship.
But that's not the limit of the features offered by the DNS 8 Live. Recognising that many people will want to use it where there's no ready access to mains power, we have added a standard 4-pin 12VDC input.
Fail-safe audio bypass
The latest revision of the DNS 8 Live offers fail-safe audio bypass implemented in the form of hardware relays that immediately connect the inputs to the outputs in the event of a power failure or other significant disruption. This means that the DNS 8 Live can now be installed with confidence in critical paths within the broadcast chain.
DNS 8 Live Remote Control software (DNS 8 RC)
We have anticipated the needs of users who will want to control the DNS 8 Live using modern methods such as laptops, iPads and many other (perhaps as yet unseen) devices, so we gave it the ability to respond to a simple, web-based remote control interface. With its bundled DNS 8 RC software, the DNS 8 Live will work with almost any web browser. It's the DNS for everyone.
Key features of the DNS 8 Live
- Eight channels of dialogue noise suppression
- A unique, new DNS algorithm with super-fast '2-knob' setup per channel
- Detailed DNS mode ideal for permanent installations
- 1U rackmount with 90V-250V universal PSU and 12VDC input
- I/O type: Digital PCM
- Audio formats: AES3 on XLR sockets plus DB25 (AES59 pin-out)
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- I/O resolution: 24 bits
- Process resolution: 40 bits, floating-point
- Processor power: 3.9 GFLOPS
- Latency: <10 samples (0.2ms at 44.1kHz)
- Fail-safe audio bypass
- Mains power: 90-260VAC; 50-60Hz auto-selecting
- DC power: 12VDC on standard 4-pin connector
- Size: 1U rackmount, 20cm depth
- Weight: 3Kg
DNS Control System
- Web-based remote control for laptops, tablets, and other devices
- Works on almost any browser
- Independent of DAWs
- Not limited to specific operating systems
- Computer interface: Ethernet
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Cedar Audio