The Joemeek oneQ2 is the most full-featured, technologically advanced studio channel we've ever made!
Some changes we made to the oneQ2:
- The microphone input transformer is permanently assigned to the "Mic" Input. The "IRON" switch now optionally sends the "Line" input through the transformer, to add some colouration to Line sources.
- The input "GAIN" control now operates over the range 18dB to 60dB, with improved resolution in the crucial 25dB-45dB range. Microphone inputs up to +4dBu can be accommodated without distortion
- (+24dBu by using the "PAD" switch).
- As before, with the "LINE" input selected the gain is unity (0dB) at the top of the dial; the gain range is now -19dB to +22dB.
- The "INSTRument" input now has a gain range of 0dB to +40dB.
- "PEAK" LEDs now light at +16dBu (2dB below Full Scale Digital).
A single channel combining Mic Pre (featuring Cinemag microphone transformers), four band EQ, the most flexible of any Joemeek ever, our "signature" optical compressor, De-Esser, and Enhancer, it's a master channel like no other.
Housed in a 2u chassis, the elegantly sculpted faceplate is intelligently laid out, with clear, easy to read legends and a large analog VU meter.
We even included 24bit, 96K A/D converters with word clock input and output.
The new oneq2 raises the bar for all studio master channels!
The Joemeek Digital Audio Interface provides high quality digital audio outputs plus the ability to synchronize to an external word clock. The digital audio outputs are compatible with most digital recorders, as well as Digital Audio Workstations and mixers. S/PDIF format is available from the RCA phono connectors, while the transformer coupled XLR connector provides an AES3 compatible output.
The Joemeek Digital Interface has highly stable onboard master clocks for low-jitter, hi-fi results. Internal sample rates of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz or 96kHz are selected by means of rear panel switches. 44.1kHz is the standard used for audio CD's, while 48kHz and 96kHz are widely used in recording studios. In general, the higher the sample rate, the better the audio fidelity, but the more disk space is required for the recording. For example, recording at 96kHz requires twice as much storage as 48kHz. Consult the manual of your recorder or DAW as to what sample rates it will accommodate.
Alternatively the oneq2 may be set to the frequency of an external master word clock, generated, for example, by the studio's recorder or DAW. When connected to the BNC socket provided, a suitable external word clock will be detected automatically and will override the twinQ's internal word clock.
The front panel LED labelled 'EXT CLK' illuminates when the oneq2 is successfully locked to an external word clock. To avoid distortion, care should be taken not to overdrive the input to the Digital Interface. The red LED next to the Output Gain control is labeled "PEAK FSD" which stands for "Full Scale Digital". Occasional flashes are OK but if it is on all the time, turn something down!
- Ultra-clean microphone preamps, designed for high-quality, low-noise performance, and equipped with high-end Cinemag transformers
- Highly musical 4-Band EQ includes sweepable low-mid and high-mid frequencies, and selectable low and high frequencies (80 or 120 Hz, and 6 and 12kHz, respectively)
- Full-featured optical compressor with Comp Link for stereo applications
- De-Esser with Listen function for quick, precise elimination of sibilance
- Large, accurate VU meter; switchable between output level, preamp level, and gain reduction
- IRON switch routes the line input through the transformer.
- Front-panel instrument input to use as a DI during sessions
- XLR inputs on the front and rear panels for easy session setup
- Harmonic Enhancer adds definition without increasing gain
- 24-Bit/96 kHz analog-to-digital converters with AES/EBU, S/PDIF, optical, and Wordclock
- Channel 2 Analog Input allows an external balanced analog audio signal to be fed to (the otherwise unused) digital channel 2.
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Joe Meek