The COMP 500 module is an optical compressor that features an electronically balanced input and Jensen JT-11DL transformer balanced output. The optical element was designed and produced exclusively for Aphex. The COMP 500 also features stereo linking, LED metering and illuminated switches.
Transparency in the behavior of the optical element
Release Time flexibility from a leveling amp behavior to a compression behavior
Jensen output transformer
LED metering of Gain Reduction and Output Level
Stereo linking to an adjacent COMP 500
Professional Studio Recording-The COMP 500 is well suited for recording and mixing music, dialog or sound effects. The Aphex COMP 500 optical compressor brings your audio levels under control, while preserving tone and attack. Try two COMP 500s stereo linked on your stereo mix buss. The COMP 500 provides top of the line compression and will make for a welcome addition to any studio.
Pair it with a J PRE 500 and an EQF 500 for the ultimate channel strip or use it with any of your favorite 500 series modules. It also works flawlessly as a hardware insert processer for your DAW tracks when it’s time to mix.
Not only does the COMP 500 sound great, it is also incredibly easy to use and very affordable. This 500 series optical compressor belongs in your 500 Series arsenal.
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Aphex
There are currently no product reviews.
- One year from date of original purchase.
- All defects in materials and workmanship
- The following are not covered:
- Voltage conversions
- Units on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- Damage or deterioration resulting from: Installation and/or removal of the unit; Accident, misuse, neglect, unauthorized product modification; Failure to follow instructions in the Owner’s Manual, User Guide or other official Aphex documentation; Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by Aphex; Shipping damage – claims must be presented to the shipper