Meet the StudioLive 16.0.2!
Our StudioLive™ 24.4.2 and 16.4.2 changed the game, offering amazing performance and ease of use for a great price. Now we’ve packed the same audio quality, performance, seamlessly integrated software (including remote control) into a smaller, even more affordable package.
Small size. Bigger possibilities.
In a “footprint” of less than 2 square feet (0.19 m2), the compact, 16-channel StudioLive 16.0.2 offers 8 mono input channels and 4 stereo channels and provides 12 XMAX™ Class A solid-state mic preamps. (Well, okay, it actually has 13 XMAX preamps; the Talkback input has one, too.)
But don't let its size fool you; the 16.0.2 is jam-packed with features and processing power, employs the same workflow and easy-to-use mixing-surface design as the bigger StudioLive boards, and sounds every bit as good, with the same high-definition, wide-dynamic-range, digital converters.
More than a mixer: an integrated system.
The StudioLive™ 16.0.2 integrates a 16x16 FireWire interface and comes with Capture™, Studio One Artist™ recording and production software, and Virtual StudioLive, bidirectional control software.
Moreover, you can control virtually the entire mixer from an iPad® using PreSonus StudioLive Remote, and you can control the aux (monitor) mixes from an iPhone® or iPod touch® using PreSonus QMix™. Both are free downloads from the Apple App Store.
Because of our powerful, integrated, free software, StudioLive digital mixers can do far more than their competition.
There are five parts to this unique system:
- Virtual StudioLive for laptop control and editor/librarian functions
- StudioLive Remote for iPad remote control (available free from the Apple App Store)
- QMix for iPhone and iPod touch remote control (available free from the Apple App Store)
- Capture for two-click multi-track recording and playback
- Studio One Artist Digital Audio Workstation for enhancing your recordings (and for direct recording from StudioLive 16.0.2 or any compatible interface)
Virtual StudioLive: The magic of computer control.
Written exclusively for StudioLive mixers, Virtual StudioLive (VSL) provides a complete visual representation of the mixer, allowing you to control the features with a mouse, trackpad, or trackball on a FireWire-equipped Mac or PC.
Even better: wireless control!
You’re mixing a live show with an old-skool mixer—make that any mixer other than StudioLive—and you need to check the sound underneath the balcony—or in the balcony, for that matter. Or you’re sound-checking and want to hear the stage monitors for yourself. If you can’t leave the mixing station, you have to rely on someone else’s ears. If you don’t have a reliable crew, you don’t have a chance.
You can say goodbye to that problem if you use a 16.0.2 and an Apple iPad! With StudioLive Remote for iPad—available free from the Apple App Store—you have complete, real-time, wireless remote control over Virtual StudioLive, which in turn offers real-time control over the StudioLive mixer. As long as you have a wireless connection between your iPad and computer (and are connected via FireWire to the 16.0.2), you are in control of the console.
Yet even better: control of monitor mixes from iPhones and iPod touches!
Yes, it would be cool if every performer could have their own iPad right on stage with them — and it’s possible with StudioLive Remote. But let’s get real: iPads are not inexpensive. So we created a second app just for the iPhone and iPod touch. QMix lets you adjust a single aux mix per iPhone. Select inputs and levels for your custom monitor mix, and then use the Wheel of Me to get, well… “more me”… quickly during performances.
Recording made easy with Capture™.
Check out our competition, and you’ll discover that their “recording” capabilities amount to stereo-only or just four channels — or require expensive add-ons.
With the StudioLive 16.0.2, if you have a laptop, you have a multitrack digital recorder instantly ready to capture your gig, church service, or presentation.
Just two mouse clicks engages Capture 1.1 recording software. When you install it on your laptop, it automatically “maps” to the outputs of the 16.0.2 to automatically record all 16 input channels. Here’s a particularly cool feature: Capture lets you insert markers during a live recording — between songs or parts of a worship service or presentation—with a single mouse-click. Later, when you are ready to edit the performance, you can export each region you have marked as a separate file, using a single command. This saves hours and hours of work!
Because StudioLive can so easily return FireWire playback streams from your computer, you can pull off nifty tricks. You can create backing tracks at your studio and seamlessly blend them with live performance.
Or “virtually” soundcheck your band and fine-tune the P.A. and monitors in a new venue, even when the band’s not there yet. (The drummer got stuck in traffic again.)
And Capture can run simultaneously with Virtual StudioLive and SL Remote, so you can personally soundcheck every part of the stage and house.
Studio One Artist — A serious digital audio workstation.
Once you’re recorded studio tracks or a live multi-track performance, it’s time to finish it with effects and a good mix (not to mention editing out that huge burst of feedback during the third song).
Studio One is a groundbreaking music-creation and -production application for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista/7 that makes audio recording and MIDI sequencing ridiculously simple right out of the box.
Studio One changes the rules of the game with fresh code, innovative drag-and-drop features, advanced MIDI mapping, auto-configuration with your StudioLive 16.0.2, insanely good audio quality, unlimited tracks and plug-ins per track, and a powerful, inventive Start page. And Studio One Artist comes with a Native Effects™ 32-bit effects library, complete with dynamics processors, reverbs, modulations effects, amp simulators, and more.
130 quality signal processors at your fingertips.
The 16.0.2's Fat Channel is well stocked with compressors, limiters, gates, phase reverse, high-pass filters, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ. Two stereo, 32-bit floating-point effects processors deliver delay and reverb effects.
Our first compact mixer with MIDI control from a footpedal.
Moreover, a glance at the rear panel reveals that "Junior" offers something the two bigger boards don't: MIDI In and Out. You can recall Scenes from a DAW using MIDI Program Changes, control the main output volume and effects level, and even mute effects between songs—all thanks to the magic of MIDI control.
What was then is now: complete store and recall.
Two factors work against getting that Perfect Mix with an analog mixer. First, the Perfect Mix can be hard to reproduce a week, day, or hour after you perfect it. And second, a good mix should be dynamic: levels, effects, and EQ should be tailored to each song or segment of the show, service, or presentation.
StudioLive solves this problem by letting you save all of your digital settings for quick setup and recall.
Store and recall made easy.
- 8 mono mic/line channel inputs, each with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifier
- XLR mic and balanced ¼" line inputs
- 60 mm precision fader
- 4 stereo line channel inputs, with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifier (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- XLR mic inputs (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- Balanced ¼" line inputs (Ch. 9-16)
- Unbalanced RCA line inputs (Ch. 13-16)
- 60 mm precision fader (4 stereo)
- 4 Auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send)
- 2 Internal FX buses
- 2 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors with customizable reverb and delay presets
- Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses, with:
- 3-band semi-parametric EQ (individual band on/off)
- Full-featured compressor
- Standard downward expander
- Phase reverse (12 mic preamplifiers only)
- Pan with dedicated 15-LED display
- Stereo link for input channels and aux buses
- High-pass filter
- One 31-band stereo graphic EQ (on main outputs only)
- 16-in/16-out FireWire recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- Compatible with most audio software via ASIO, Windows Audio, Core Audio
- Scene store and recall
- Settings can be copied among channels and buses and saved as user presets.
- Software bundle for Mac® and Windows® includes:
- PreSonus Studio One Artist™ digital audio workstation
- PreSonus Capture™ live-recording software
- PreSonus Universal Control with Virtual StudioLive™ bidirectional mixer-control software
- Free downloadable software from the Apple App Store provides wireless remote control, including:
- PreSonus StudioLive Remote for iPad®
- PreSonus QMix™ for iPhone® and iPod touch®
- Lockout mode protects your settings from meddlers and accidents
- MIDI Control Mode provides control over:
- Scene and FX Preset recall
- Main Volume, FXA, and FXB output levels
- FXA and FXB assign/unassign to Mains
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Presonus