Combining high audio quality and low visibility, the d:screet™ 4080 Miniature Cardioid Microphone, Lavalier is well suited for broadcast, conference, and other live performances in the studio or in the field.
It is acoustically pre-equalized, offering a 4 dB presence boost. This makes the voice more distinguishable and improves speech intelligibility. Professionals will appreciate the light weight and the excellent speech reproduction.
d:screet™ 4080 Miniature Cardioid Microphone, Lavalier is delivered with a pre-mounted black pop filter in a holder with an integrated shock mount, fixed on a clip. An additional white pop filter is enclosed. Because of the flexible and practical mounting solution, the microphone can easily be turned in all directions and fits both left and right buttoned shirts.
All parts of the microphone are manufactured in highly-resistant materials and designed to perform under stress.
Flexible adapter system
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a whole new microphone. And when you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
The d:fine™, d:screet™ and d:vote™ series of miniature microphones work with all leading wireless mic solutions, such as Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Wisycom, Zaxcom and many more. DPA Microphones’ ingenious adapter system is one of a kind in the industry. It protects your investment in fantastic sound for years to come.
Adapter sold separately
- Excellent speech reproduction
- Discreet, compact design
- Fits both left and right buttoned shirts
- Delivered with both black and white pop filters
- Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB: 250 Hz - 17 kHz with typ. 4 dB soft boost at 4 - 6 kHz (-5 dB at 100 Hz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1% up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: 30 - 40 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply (for full performance): For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance
- Connector: MicroDot (Adapter sold separately)
- Color: Black
- Weight: 15 g (0.5 oz) incl. Cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 10 mm (0.4 in)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 30 mm (1.2 in)
- Cable length: 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable color: Black
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized DPA Microphones