Another MXL winner that puts pricier mics to shame, the MXL 2003A is a go-to tool for those critical recording applications like acoustic guitar, where clarity, presence, and detail are deal breakers. A switch selectable bass cut and -10 dB pad provide additional recording options, and a transformerless FET preamp will please the pickiest engineers with its smooth and even response.
"The MXL 2003a is an excellent choice as an all-around instrument and vocal mic if you are unable to drop thousands of dollars on a vintage or boutique mic. It is one of the best LDC's in its price range (around $170 street) and performs as well as mics that cost 2 or 3 times as much. Kudos to MXL for bringing to the market a great sounding mic for very small change." - Aaron Rutten ("The Modern Vocalist Journal")
- All-purpose mic with a vintage-modeled capsule design
- Transformerless FET preamp for a smooth, even response
- Outstanding realism for recordings of any instrument
- Bass roll-off and attenuator to fit any recording situation
- Excellent for recording any style of music
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser mic
- Diaphragm: 3 micron gold-sputtered
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: -42.9 dB re 1 V/Pa
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Equivalent noise: -11 dB (A-weighted IEC 651)
- S/N Ratio: 83 dB
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 152 dB SPL
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
- Current Consumption: 6.6mA
- Size: 50mm x 190mm/1.97 in. x 7.48 in.
- Weight: 453.59g/1 lb
- Metal Finish: Black with black grill
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized MXL
There are currently no product reviews.
1 - 3 years; varies by product. See user manual for details