The legendary SM58 cardioid dynamic vocal microphone is now available with the X2u USB Signal Adapter, which features built-in headphone monitoring with zero latency, and easy controls to balance microphone and playback audio. Digitally record wherever and whenever your computer takes you - just plug and play for better-than-CD quality vocal reproduction.
- Dynamic microphone cartridge with a frequency response tailored with brightened mid-range and bass rolloff to deliver legendary warm and clear vocal reproduction.
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern isolates vocal sound sources while minimizing background noise.
- Internal pneumatic shock mount minimizes handling noise.
- Legendary construction and versatility for consistent performance under rugged use and abuse on stage or in the studio.
- Plug and Play USB Connectivity allows the convenience of digital recording anywhere your computer can go (compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X 10.1 or later).
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack for monitoring with 1/8” connectivity
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- 16 bit, up to 48 kHz sample rate for better-than-CD quality audio
Dynamic (moving coil)
50 to 15,000 Hz
Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz Open Circuit Voltage)
-54.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
Rated impedance is 150 ohms (300 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished, silver, spherical steel mesh grille
See User Guide
298 grams (10.5 oz)
20 to 20,000 Hz +/- 1 dB
USB-powered, 500 mA, maximum
Digital Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz, A-weighted)
Minimum MIC GAIN setting: −81 dB FS
Maximum MIC GAIN setting: −78 dB FS
up to 48 kHz
Peak Signal Indicator (Tri-color)
OFF: −30 dB FS
Green: −30 to −12 dB FS
Yellow: −12 to 0 dB FS
Red: >0 (digital converter clipped)
Adjustable Gain Range
3.5 mm (1/8 inch)
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Shure