An unmistakable stage icon for 70 years, the Shure 55SH Series II Unidyne® Vocal Microphone features a signature satin chrome-plated die-cast casing for pure vintage look and feel with modern acoustic components to meet today's performance standards. This microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak.
The 55SH Series II microphone has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
- 55SH Series II: Includes Swivel Stand Mount, On-Off Switch. Cable not included.
The 55SH Series II has a low-impedance balanced output designed for connection to microphone inputs rated at 75 to 300 ohms. The microphone features a cartridge shock mount to reduce stand noise, an On/Off switch, and an attached, self-tensioning, 5/8"-27 thread swivel mount. This microphone is ideal for public address or theater-stage sound systems, as well as for broadcasting, recording, and other sound applications where a stand-mounted microphone with a classic look is desirable.
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
- Frequency Response
- 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Cardioid (unidirectional), uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (270 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 75 to 300 ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -58.0 dBV/Pa (1.3 mV)
- 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of the output connector
- Built-in On/Off switch, integral part of swivel mount, connector Three pin professional type, designed to mate with Cannon XL series, Switchcraft A3 (Q.G.) series, or equivalent
- Chrome-plated die casting
- See User Guide
- Net Weight
- 624 grams (22 oz)
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Shure
There are currently no product reviews.
Countryman Microphones are serviced by Countryman Associates. Please contact Countryman Associates before sending your product(s).