The d:facto™ Vocal Microphone is engineered especially for vocal performances onstage. It captures electrifying stage performances and accurately replicates a singer's voice transparently, consistently and thrillingly. The mic is optimized for use in sound reinforcement as well as recording applications. It offers natural sound, high separation from distant sound sources and SPL handling up to 160 dB.
The phantom-powered DPA handle has a sleek look and state-of-the-art electronic design.
And, if you decide to go wireless, you can just switch to an adapter for wireless at a quarter of the cost of a new microphone. The modular nature of the d:facto™ series allows you to switch both the capsule as well as the adapter.
The d:facto™ Supercardioid Capsule features an isolation-optimized supercardioid polar pattern. It is specifically designed to augment the human vocal range. It uses directional characteristic from the best of two worlds – both cardioid and supercardioid patterns. The capsule’s directional pattern and definition gives high separation and true sound color onstage. It is ideal for PA amplification and recording. Frequency response and phase, both on- and off-axis, is linear. You can remove the capsule and replace it with any other d:facto™ or d:dicate™ capsule if your needs change.
The mic also features a robust three-stage pop protection grid built into the microphone that removes unwanted noise.
Although this version of the d:facto™ Vocal Microphone comes with a d:facto™ Handle for a wiredsolution, the d:facto™ Vocal Microphone is also the perfect choice to use with your favorite wireless system.
Flexible adapter system
This gives you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. With the d:facto™ series, you are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter at a quarter of the cost of a new microphone. You won't hear any loss in sound quality.
d:facto™ adapters work with all leading wireless mic solutions, such as Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony and Wisycom. DPA Microphones’ ingenious adapter system is one of a kind in the industry. This modular system protects your investment in fantastic sound for years to come.
d:facto™ Adapters for wireless sold separately
- Extraordinarily natural sound
- Perfectly uniform supercardioid directionality
- High separation
- Extreme SPL handling: 160 dB
- Low handling noise
- Sleek design
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, permanent third order high pass filter at 80 Hz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB, at 12 cm (4.7 in): 100 Hz - 16 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±2 dB at 1 kHz: 5 mV/Pa; -46 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 19 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 21 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 75 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 139 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 120 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 160 dB
- Output impedance: 100 Ω
- Minimum load impedance: 1 kΩ
- Cable drive capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Output balance principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 50 dB at 1 kHz
- Power supply (for full performance): 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Current consumption: Max. 2 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Color: Matte black
- Weight: 309 g (10.9 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 52 mm (2.05 in)
- Capsule diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Microphone length: 205 mm (8.1 in)
- Maximum output voltage, RMS: 8 V
- Polarity: +V at pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized DPA Microphones