The Crown 180A, 280A, and 1160A are high-value amplifiers for commercial and industrial audio. They provide 4-ohm and constant-voltage outputs (70V and 100V). The amps are part of Crown’s Commercial Audio Series, which also includes mixers and mixer-amps. These low-cost units provide all necessary features in a simple building-block format. The sound system can be upgraded as a facility expands. For example, you can add more mixers for more inputs, or add more power amps (or mixer-amps) to handle more zones.
Some applications include schools, hospitals, factories, restaurant/retail, houses of worship, fitness facilities, A/V boardrooms, prisons, and small offices. Typical uses are paging, background music, security and evacuation instructions.
The amplifiers vary in their number of inputs, number of outputs, and power range:
- 180A has 1 input and one 80W power amplifier for single-zone systems.
- 280A has 2 inputs and dual 80W power amplifiers for two-zone systems.
- 1160A has 1 input and one 160W power amplifier for single-zone systems.
- 180A, 280A and 1160A have 1 or 2 inputs, 1 or 2 amplifier output channels.
- Ideal for commercial and industrial use
- Balanced Phoenix-type line inputs; touch-proofed screw-terminal speaker outputs
- Advanced protection system includes output current limiting, DC protection, circuit breaker/fuse, and thermal protection
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Crown
There are currently no product reviews.
Most Crown amplifiers are guaranteed by Crown's 3 year no-fault full warranty. With this No-Fault protection your new Crown amplifier is guaranteed to meet or exceed original specifications for the first three years of ownership. During this time, if your amplifier fails for any reason it will be repaired or replaced at our expense. This includes parts, labor, and round-trip shipping (ground transport). This also applies to IQ System and PIP products.
- iTHD, MAi and CTsB (current modified version in production since August 2010) will offer a 5 year standard warranty.
- LPS series, 135MA, 160MA, and 140MAx pack have a 1 year limited warranty.
NOTE: for a modest fee Crown will extend that protection for an additional three years with our 3+3 No-Fault Extended Full Warranty (amplifiers only).