- 2 x 600 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2 x 320 Watts into 8 Ohms
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Ultra-light, ultra-low noise and ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
- Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Limit LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR, 1/4" TRS and RCA input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Built-in Subwoofer/Satellite crossover for more flexibility
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- “Back-to-front” ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- "Built-like-a-tank", impact-resistant and all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) and ultra-light weight design (14.8 lbs / 6.7 kg), fits into compact, inexpensive effects racks
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The EPQ Series power amplifiers pack the power of Accelerated Transient Response (ATR) technology into an exceptionally lightweight package. Ample power and high-tech efficiency combine to give you a feather-light supercharged workhorse that will keep your rig kicking for years to come.
Accelerated Transient Response Delivers the Knockout Punch
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone out fast enough to match a bass beat. That’s called Transient Response and it’s the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of our circuitry, our amps are able to react instantly to even the most demanding electronic bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound
Instead of operating relatively continuously like most power amps, the EPQ power amps feature rail tracking for effectively modulating the power supply rails with only the peaks of the input signal. This technology has revolutionized pro audio amp designs with its outstanding performance and efficiency. When combined with switching-mode power supplies that do away with heavy toroid transformers, our new designs provide more dynamic punch and, because they are so much more efficient, run cooler and don’t require huge, heavy heat sinks.
BEHRINGER didn’t invent this technology, but our R&D Department has been working for years to perfect our own version, creating lightweight amps that run cool and also achieve our goal of Accelerated Transient Response.
Everything You Need
The simple front panel controls of these amps give you all of your sound’s vital signs at a glance. After pressing the Power Button, the POWER LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials as well as clip LEDs that indicate when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also SIGNAL LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
On the back panels of the EPQ2000 and EPQ1200, the INPUTs accept balanced XLR, 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced 1/4" TS and RCA connections. Take your pick of professional locking speaker outputs or touch-proof binding posts to securely connect speakers. The same panel contains the switches that allow you to put these amps to work in either mono, stereo (two channel mode) or mono bridge mode. A built-in CROSSOVER switch allow you to send low frequency content to subwoofers and other sound reinforcement speakers (CH1 < 100 Hz / CH2 > 100 Hz or FULL RANGE). Flick the LIMITER ON/OFF switch to activate the built-in overload protection, or turn it off if you’re feeling lucky.
The back panels of the EPQ304, EPQ450 and EPQ900 accept balanced XLR. The EPQ450 and EPQ900 have MONO On/Off and BRIDGE On/Off switches. The EPQ304 has an MONO On/Off switch for INPUTS 1 AND 2, and another MONO On/Off switch for INPUTs 3 and 4.
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Behringer
There are currently no product reviews.
BEHRINGER and BUGERA products sold in Canada are covered under the MUSIC Group Limited warranty as described on www.behringer.com/support and www.bugera-amps.com/support.
BEHRINGER AND BUGERA products are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from date of purchase from a Canadian retailer, unless a different period is stated in the Owner’s manual. Some exclusions may apply.
To obtain warranty service the product must be returned along with a proof of purchase from an authorized Canadian dealer using the following procedure:
- Contact MUSIC Group by one of the following means:
- On the web, for BEHRINGER products at www.behringer.com/support and for BUGERA products at www.bugera-amps.com/support.
- By telephone 1-425-939-3299
- You will be issued a return authorization number along with specific instructions on where to send or deliver your defective product.
- Securely pack and label the product with the return authorization number clearly on the exterior of the carton. Cartons without this number will be refused. Any product hand delivered to a service depot does not require packaging.
You will be notified by the service depot when your product has been repaired and it will be sent to your address on file or await pickup if hand delivered. Warranty repairs are generally completed within 21 days.