Bi-amplified Studio Monitor with Magnetically-Shielded 8” Low Frequency Transducer and 1” Soft-Dome High Frequency Transducer and Image Control Wave Guide. Class-D 56 Watt RMS Amplifier for LF, and 56 Watt RMS Amplifier for HF. Balanced XLR and 1/4” TRS Inputs with Detented Level Control, HF and LF Trim Controls.
- Image Control Waveguide:
- The Image Control Waveguide was developed for JBL’s new flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor and with the introduction of the JBL 3 Series, is now included for the first time in an affordable, compact reference monitor.
- The patent-pending design of the Image Control Waveguide precisely controls the sound emanating from the speaker in the vertical and horizontal planes ensuring the presentation at the listening position is neutral and accurate.
- JBL Transducers are legendary for their performance. The 3 Series long-throw woofer and its damped woven composite Neodymium tweeter are designed from the ground up to reproduce the powerful transients and micro dynamics of your mix. These drivers deliver impressive deep bass and smooth high frequency response beyond the range of human hearing.
- JBL’s Patented Slip Stream™ low frequency port design works in concert with the woofer to produce deep bass response at all playback levels. The double-flared shape of the port is precisely engineered for greater low-frequency extension and reduced turbulence.
- Big Power, Big Sound - 3 Series efficient Class D Amplifiers provide abundant power to deliver the output and dynamic headroom needed for the most demanding production styles
- Professional Balanced Inputs - Balanced XLR and 6 mm TRS inputs give you the options you need to connect your 3 Series to any signal source while maintaining professional signal quality.
- Selectable Input Sensitivity - The -10 dB/+4 dB sensitivity switch ensures compatibility with a broad range of signal sources, allowing you to connect the 3 Series to high output professional gear without any danger of input overload.
- LF Trim and HF Trim “TRIM” switches for both the Low and High Frequencies give you excellent control over the 3 Series sound in “your” room. Use these to fine-tune the amount of bass and treble you hear to compensate for room acoustics, program material and your personal taste.
- JBL Professional Reliability - Prior to becoming a production-ready design, each 3 Series model is subjected to JBL’s tough 100 hour power test, in which the speaker is required to play continually at full output for 100 hours without failure. This demanding test ensures your 3 Series speakers will deliver years of reliable performance.
- JBL LSR Design - Your Music Needs a Point of Reference - While most manufacturers take only a single on axis measurement of the speaker’s performance, this doesn’t tell how it will sound in your room. JBL’s LSR Linear Spatial Reference design criteria requires seventy-two measurements yielding more than 1,200 times more data, enabling JBL to engineer a speaker that “sounds right” in any working space. With LSR design, 3 Series Studio Monitors deliver superior accuracy regardless of the size and shape of your room, so your mixes “hit their mark” when heard on any playback system.
- Deep Pedigree - The impressive performance of the 3 Series Reference Monitors is the result of JBL’s development of its flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor.
- Frequency Range : 37Hz - 24khz
- Max Peak SPL : 112 dB SPL C-Weighted
- Max Peak Input : +23 dBu
- LF Driver Size : 203 mm (8")
- HF Driver Size : 25 mm (1")
- LF Driver Power Amp : 56 W Class D
- HF Driver Power Amp : 56 W Class D
- LF Trim Control : +2 dB, 0, -2 dB
- HF Trim Control : +2 dB, 0, -2 dB
- Input Types : 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS Balanced
- AC Input Voltage : 100-240 VAC +/- 10% 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 419 mm x 254 mm x 308 mm (16.5 in x 10 in x 12.1 in)
- Weight : 8.6 kg (18.9 lbs)
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized JBL
There are currently no product reviews.
The warranty on JBL professional loudspeaker products (except for enclosures, electronic components, and portable products) is valid for 5 years from the date of the first consumer purchase. Enclosures and electronic components are warranted for 1 year from the date of original purchase.
Effective 1 March 2005, portable products such as EON, JRX, MRX, PRX are warranted by Soundcraft Canada’s 2 year no-fault full warranty. During this time, if your speaker fails for any reason, it will be repaired at our expense. This includes parts, labor, and one-way shipping by ground transport. Exception: VRX and SRX are excluded from this warranty.