The Rhythm Wolf is an authentic analog instrument that combines the coveted sounds of early electronic and hip-hop music with genuine Akai Professional workflow. Inspired by the classic analog beat machines and synthesizers of the past, Rhythm Wolf enables today’s musicians to harness iconic analog sounds for music production and performance. The drum machine consists of five highly-tweakable drum sounds and includes a kick, snare, open & closed hi-hat, and metallic percussion. Onboard controls allow users to customize the tuning, amplitude envelopes, and volume of each drum voice separately for precise real-time adjustment. The bass synthesizer features a selectable oscillator (sawtooth or square wave), classic filter design, a filter envelope with variable decay, and is capable of creating powerful bass sounds and squelchy leads.
Outfitted with six genuine MPC pads and a built-in 32-step sequencer, the Rhythm Wolf provides an ultra-responsive interface with a classic drum machine layout. Drum patterns can be fine-tuned using the Swing function, Pattern Select, and Tempo Control knob. A custom distortion signal path, activated by the “Howl” knob, adds grit and character for additional tone shaping. Rhythm Wolf features USB-MIDI, MIDI In/Out, a gate trigger, and integrates seamlessly with modern and vintage equipment. Two audio outputs enable producers and performers to mix percussion sounds and bass independently.
- 5-voice analog drum machine and synth
- Thick analog drum sounds—kick, snare, open & closed hi-hat and metallic percussion
- Onboard 32-step sequencer with classic drum machine workflow
- Gate trigger In/Out for triggering your sequences via modular synths, vintage sequencers, or external sound sources
- "Howl" knob with custom distortion signal path lets you crush and mangle sounds
- Six custom-calibrated MPC pads for sequencing and finger drumming
- Dedicated audio outputs for percussion sounds and bass synth
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Akai