Pro Tools redefined the music, film, and TV industry, providing everything you need to compose, record, edit, and mix music and audio. Create without bounds and work at the speed of your creativity, so you can take on the most demanding sessions and deliver the best sounding mixes possible.
And now Pro Tools 12 sets the stage for Avid Cloud Collaboration, the upcoming Avid Marketplace, and flexible licensing options, so you can access the industry standard in more affordable ways than ever. Create with a low-cost subscription. Own the software or a complete system outright. Or get started with Pro Tools | First, a free version of Pro Tools. The choice is yours.
Get top-quality sound and performance with Avid hardware
Whether you’re tracking vocals, guitars, or an orchestra, you’ll get the best possible sound and optimized performance when you pair Pro Tools with an Avid audio interface. Record high-resolution audio—up to 32-bit/192 kHz—and experience exceptionally low latency to capture your best performances easily.
Experience more power and performance
With the redesigned Avid Audio Engine and 64-bit performance, you get multiple times the processing power of previous versions of Pro Tools on the same hardware configurations. Add epic numbers of virtual instruments and effects to create bigger, richer sounding, and more complex mixes.
Loop and punch your way to perfection
Nobody’s perfect, but with Pro Tools you can create a seamless performance from multiple takes. Let your spontaneity shine with Loop recording and comp together your best takes. Or use QuickPunch to quickly replace any questionable section with a better performance.
No instrument? No problem.
Easily create parts for practically any musical instrument using great-sounding virtual instruments, a MIDI keyboard/controller or your mouse, and the built-in Pro Tools MIDI Editor. Get started fast with the included virtual instruments and audio loops, and expand your arsenal with AAX virtual instruments from Avid and third-party audio designers.
Compose with full MIDI and notation tools
Take your songwriting from sketchpad to final production. Create and edit virtual instrument and MIDI performances with the MIDI Editor. Or compose music using notation tools in the built-in Sibelius Score Editor. You can even export sessions as Sibelius (.sib) files for further finessing in Sibelius.
Work and collaborate on projects from other apps
Collaboration has never been easier. With Pro Tools, you can exchange sessions with any Pro Tools user or studio. Or work on projects created in other audio and video software—including Media Composer, Logic, Cubase, and other third-party apps—right in Pro Tools.
Stretch your creativity with Elastic Time and Pitch
Freely experiment without the time or effort investment. With Elastic Time, you can change the tempo or timing of any clip or an entire composition—on the fly. And with Elastic Pitch, you can fix wrong notes, create harmonies, and transpose clips—in real time—without altering the tempo.
Edit with precision
Shape and fine-tune your music and audio with professional, sample-accurate editing tools. Create a flawless performance by comping together tracks. Speed up editing and mixing Clip Gain with the Smart Tool. And smooth transitions with crossfades. Everything you need to perfect your tracks is available right from within a single Edit window.
Snoop out grooves with multitrack Beat Detective
With the versatile Beat Detective tool, you can quickly fix timing issues across multiple tracks or change up the feel of a beat to get a different groove. You can even use it to keep your rhythm section “in the pocket” by extracting the groove from a drumbeat and applying it to the bass part.
Create and cut sound to picture
With Pro Tools, you can create, edit, and mix audio to picture using the built-in Timecode Ruler and video track. Use the included plug-ins to clean up sound. Create sound effects that define (or defy) reality. Work easily with AudioSuite-rendered clips. And record and edit voiceovers, Foley, and ADR with perfect frame accuracy. You can even share audio mixes with Media Composer editors through AAF.
Play HD video with the Avid Video Engine
With the built-in Avid Video Engine—the same core engine as in Media Composer | Software—you can add and play a variety of HD video formats (such as QuickTime, XDCAM, and more) and Avid DNxHD sequences directly in the Pro Tools timeline—without transcoding. Plus, you can monitor the picture playback using video interfaces from Avid, AJA, and Blackmagic Design.
Get the sound you want
Polish mixes with over 60 included effects, sound-processing and utility plug-ins. From high-quality reverbs, EQs, and compressors, to guitar amp emulators, surround sound fold-down, and channel strip dynamics, you have everything you need to create professional mixes. Want more? Browse the in-app Avid Marketplace to find the AAX plug-ins you need.
Grab control of your mix
You can use a mouse to make changes one… at… a… time, or mix faster and easier using a hardware control surface. Get hands-on Pro Tools control with a choice of Avid Pro Mixing control surfaces and consoles, plus third-party boards.
Collaborate, store, and share mixes
Whether you've got a work in progress or a finished piece, Pro Tools makes it easy to share. With direct SoundCloud support, you can share files privately with other collaborators, or share finished projects with the world. And bounce mixes to your iTunes library to share with others on your network.
Achieve the best mixes possible—automatically
Get great sounding, phase-accurate mixes with Automatic Delay Compensation— with 4x the samples (16,383) to handle the largest mixes—no matter how many plug-ins you use. Plus, you can automate the settings of every element in the Pro Tools environment to add life to tracks and achieve the best mix possible.
Plug into legendary sound
Add life to your mix. With the included Avid Channel Strip plug-in, you get exact replications of the renowned EQ and compression algorithms of the Avid System 5—one of the most sought-after digital audio consoles used to create some of the greatest mixes ever produced.
Speed up delivery with offline bounce
Wait no longer... With faster-than-real-time offline bounce, you can speed up your final mix or stem deliveries—at up to 150x faster—and get the high-quality results you’d expect only from Pro Tools, thanks to time-stamped automation. If you mix and deliver radio programs or other long-format shows, this feature alone will save you hours of time—daily. And with Pro Tools | HD, you can even bounce multiple stems simultaneously.
- Industry-standard Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software for Mac and PC
- 64-bit Architecture unlocks serious processing power and massive session handling
- Powerful audio engine provides superior memory management
- Faster-than-real-time bounce to disk streamlines your workflow, frees up resources, and allows you to more easily collaborate with other production environments
- Unified media engine natively supports multiple HD video formats for easier collaboration with Avid Media Composer and other media-production workflows
- Workspace Browser makes project navigation extremely fast and incredibly simple
- Support for Apple's Retina Display
- Simple keyboard commands let you quickly disable and enable sends and inserts
- Capture automation while recording audio
- Utilize up to 96 voiceable tracks at 44.1/48kHz and up to 32 channels of simultaneous I/O
- Take advantage of over 70 bundled 64-bit plug-in processors, effects, and virtual instruments
- Automatic delay compensation (up to 16,383 samples) provides tight mixing with minimal phase issues
- Multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio let you correct timing across all of your tracks
- Score Editor and MIDI Editor provide comprehensive composing capabilities
- Mix various audio file types and formats in a single session without format conversion
- Create flawless performances using simple track compositing functions
- Clip Gain provides dynamic volume flexibility and increases integration with Media Composer
- Visual indicators for mutes and solos and Bus Interrogation view lets you easily sort out your signal flow
- Enjoy hands-on mixing with full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces
- Low-latency monitoring with Core Audio and ASIO hardware delivers smoother tracking
- Read and record from flash drives, RAID systems, network-attached drives, and server storage systems
- Functions such as Export Selected Tracks as New Session make collaboration with other Pro Tools | Software users easy
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support plus export support for MP3 files, iTunes, and SoundCloud also included
- Full time-code support with feet and frames rulers and 24-hour timeline support
- Avid Cloud Collaboration and the Avid Marketplace let you connect and collaborate with other musicians
- Software Type: Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
- Download/Boxed: Download (Via Activation Card)
- Bit Depth: 64-Bit
- iLok Key Requeired: Yes (Sold Seperately)
- Plug-In Formats (Supported): AAX Native
- Audio Formats (Supported): AIFF, WAV, BWF, SDII, SDI, MP3, MXF Audio, AIFL (Mac), WMA (Windows), Quicktime (Mac), AAC, REX, ACID
- Operating System: OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 or newer
- RAM: 4GB (8GB Recommended)
- Disc Space: 15GB (Min)
- Connection: 1 x USB (iLok - Sold Separately)
- Operating System: Windows 7 (64-Bit), Windows 8
- RAM: 4GB (8GB Recommended)
- Disc Space: 15GB (Min)
- Connection: 1 x USB (iLok2 included)
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Avid