TASCAM’s top-of-the-line Handheld Digital Recorder, the DR-100mkIII boasts a signal-to-noise ratio exceeding 100dB, delivering the best audio performance in the history of TASCAM portable stereo recorders. Designed to meet the needs of the most demanding audio designers and engineers, this new model combines robust reliability, an updated user interface and studio quality sonic performance to deliver a truly breathtaking audio experience.
The TASCAM DR-100mkIII offers improved usability based on user feedback
When working on location, decisions must be made quickly and efficiently, and an intuitive and consistent User Interface is critical. By gathering feedback from users of the original DR-100 and the mkII, we have been able to add a variety of usability enhancements designed to streamline workflow and help audio professionals achieve success quickly and efficiently.
The user interface has been designed to maximize visual confirmation, and includes a large LCD screen (double the size of the screen on the DR-100mkII), dedicated status LEDs for features such as record levels and status and easy-to-read legends on the casework.
Dedicated hardware controls have been implemented for the most commonly accessed features to enable quick, positive operation in the field
Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both uncompressed WAV(BWF) and MP3 files. This provides the user with instant access to both the original, full resolution master file and a compressed MP3 file (with a much smaller file size) for easy emailing or posting to social media sites.
XRI (eXtended Recording Information) function stores keeps track of all recording settings as part of the file. This powerful features allows the user to easily double-check the details of the original recording for logging or replication of recording conditions at a later date. This information includes date and time of recording, input sources selection and levels, ADC mode on/off status and more. XRI information is stored as part of the BWF data block.
World class audio performance
- AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture deliver a S/N ratio of 102dB
- Dual mono mode, using independent AK4558 converters for both the left and right channels, provides a S/N ratio of 109dB
- External microphones supported with XLR/TRS inputs and built-in low-noise HDDA mic preamps
- Onboard dual (directional/omnidirectional) stereo microphones with integrated shockmounts deliver flexible recording options while retaining professional quality audio performance
- Supports up to 192kHz/24bit recording
Robust design for real-world use
- Dual battery structure allows the built-in high-capacity lithium-ion battery to be used along with 2 AA batteries
- AA batteries may be replaced during operation (when using the lithium-ion battery) delivering hours of uninterrupted recording
- TASCAM’s unique Dual Level recording function allows simultaneous recording of a backup file at a lower gain level
- Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
- Locking XLR/TRS combo jacks made by Amphenol
- Tough aluminum body to deliver years of reliable use
- High-precision clock featuring a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
Streamlined operation based on user feedback
- The user interface has been designed to provide clear visual feedback, and includes both a large LCD screen and dedicated status LEDs
- Select hardware switches for quick and positive setting control
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Tascam