Seamless integration of recording, mixing and an audiointerface - a new dimension in professional portable recording.
The Roland R-88 includes all the features required by location sound professionals including a full on-board mixer, various timecode modes and slate tone/mic for memos. The stereo mix output on the R-88 is perfect for location sound recording applications enabling a stereo mix back to the camera to record reference audio or provides a stereo monitor output while simultaneously recording individual tracks. With 8 discrete outputs you can also embed the audio tracks into a SDI video feed by using a multi-channel SDI audio embedder. It also features professional AES/EBU digital I/O to digitally record from or send to a mixing console or other digital source.
The R-88's built-in mixer is equipped with a 3-band EQ enabling a quality stereo mix to be monitored and/or recorded simultaneously along with each discrete audio track. The large touch screen display enables clear and intuitive device setup and control. You can lock the display and front controls to avoid any accidental operations.
Beyond field applications the R-88 is nicely suited for post-production environments featuring a built-in 10-input/8-output USB audio interface for multi-channel recording. The eight-output ports are especially useful for surround projects. The interface function is also able to provide a backup record mechanism simultaneously recording all tracks to a DAW of choice.
The R-88 supports BWF and iXML metadata including tags such as SCENE, TAKE, TIMECODE_RATE, etc. This enables and intelligent and seamless interchange of data with editing systems such as Final Cut Pro and Pro Tools.
The R-88 is extremely portable weighing less than six pounds including eight AA batteries. Optional accessories include a custom carrying bag, and remote footswitch controllers for start, stop and record, marking functions, etc.
- Simultaneous recording of 8 channels + stereo mix (up to 96kHz)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz uncompressed linear PCM recording (up to 4 channels)
- 3 hours of recording using 32GB SDHC card (24bit/96kHz, 10ch)
- 8 XLR inputs, 8 XLR outputs, AES/EBU input/output
- Built-in 8 channel mixer with 3-band equalizer and MS microphone decoder
- Built-in 10in/8out USB audio interface
- Touch Panel Display for intuitive navigation
- SMPTE timecode In/Out for video sync
- Four different types of power - Alkaline battery (AA), Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA), AC Adaptor, External battery (4-pin XLR 9 to 16 V)
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Roland
There are currently no product reviews.
- 1 year parts and labour
- except BOSS compact pedals and Roland Pianos (select models only) - 5 years parts and labour