With a location recording pedigree which includes the original portable timecode DAT machines (PD-2, PD-4), and more recently the innovative PD-6 DVD-RAM recorder, it was only natural that Fostex should develop the FR-2, the acclaimed professional CompactFlash-based field recorder.
And now, it seems, Fostex have done it again with the launch of the new FR-2LE - a compact audio recorder designed from the ground-up to meet the needs of professionals in the field. For a start, the FR-2LE records to CompactFlash in Broadcast WAV Format (BWF) at 24bit 96kHz quality. It’s equipped with two professional phantom powered XLR microphone inputs (XLR-phone combo) complete with precise control over the recording level.
It features a 1 take = 1 file recording system which eliminates overwrites and the 2 second ‘pre-record’ buffer means there should never be a missed take or lost soundbite. There’s even an MP3 mode and built-in stereo microphones designed for interviews.
Feature rich and elegant in operation, the pedigree of the new FR-2LE looks assured.
Long battery life
The FR-2LE can run up to 8 hours on standard off-the-shelf NiMH batteries
Extended recording times
Over 12 hours @ 16bit 44.1kHz recording on an 8GB CompactFlash card
Dual XLR inputs (XLR-phone combo) with top quality microphone pre-amps, trim control and phantom power. Analog out is offered on RCA connectors
BWF or MP3 recording
Record up to 24bit 96kHz audio
Manufactured from high-grade materials and specifically designed for professional location recording
Fail Safe Recording
In addition to a 1 take = 1 file system to eliminate overwrites, the FR-2LE also features Auto File Closing which closes files at one minute intervals, thus preserving the data in the event of a power failure.
The USB 2.0 port allows direct connection to PC and MAC for easy file transfer.
- Recording on Type II CompactFlash™ card For operation confirmed media, click here
- Light weight, yet tough with a highly rigid chassis
- FAT32 file system & BWF Stereo file format
- MP3 recording/playback
- Up to 24 bit 96kHz audio performance
- 2 x professional phantom powered XLR mic inputs with precise recording level adjustment control
- ALC (Off/On/Limiter) and HPF
- (On/Off, 100Hz -12dB/Oct)
- Built-in stereo microphones for quick memo recording
- USB 2.0 for high speed file transfer to PC
- 2 second Pre Rec buffer
- 1 take = 1 file system (eliminates overwrites)
- Approx. 8 hours battery operation
- Wired remote controller with mic attachment belt
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Fostex