The Icon Qcon EX is an eight-channel extension unit for the QCon Pro. Each channel features a 100mm Alps motorized fader, and mute, solo, arm, and select buttons, plus a 12-segment LED input meter. Above the channel strips are eight rotary encoders with LED rings and push-reset, for dynamic control of plugins parameters. Up to three QCon EX units can be connected with a QCon Pro, for a total of 32 channels of hands-on control. All settings on the QCon Pro will also affect the connected QCon EX units, including Track Shift, Bank Shift, Flip, and automation.
The Qcon EX comes bundled with Samplitude and includes factory presets for most popular DAW’s including Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Samplitude and Studio One. The QCon EX uses Mackie Control and HUI protocols for presets and automatic mapping, and can be configured for general MIDI values as well.
Although the QCon EX is intended to work as an extension of the QCon Pro, it is possible to use the QCon EX as a standalone unit to control MIDI-compatible software.
- 8 touch-sensitive, motorized 100mm faders
- 8 rotary push-encoders with 11-segment LED rings
- 4 channel strip buttons: Mute, solo, rec arm, and select
- 12-segment LED input level meters
- All buttons are illuminated to provide feedback
- Large backlit LCD display shows track names and parameter values
- 2 assignable foot pedal connectors
- Control up to 32 channels using a QCon Pro with up to three QCon EX extender units
- Mackie Control built-in for Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro, and Ableton Live
- Mackie HUI protocol built-in for Pro Tool
- Programmable via MIDI Learn for other DAW’s such as Sonar
- USB 2.0 high-speed connectivity
- Includes Magix Samplitude DAW software
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit) and OS X (10.4 and higher)
- Firmware upgradable over USB
- Robust aluminum and metal casing with Kensington lock port
- Weight: 10.3lbs (4.7kg)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 13.5″ x 18.7″ x 3.2″
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized ICON