With its class-leading resolution and Realtime UAD Processing, Apollo Twin sets a new standard for desktop music production. This 2x6 Mac Thunderbolt interface allows you to record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — ingeniously merging classic analog tones with cutting-edge features.
Record and Mix with Stunning 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality
With the highest dynamic range and lowest noise of any desktop interface, Apollo Twin gives you stellar 24-bit/192 kHz sound and breathtaking clarity.
Its premium mic preamps, input stage, and audio conversion are identical to the famed Apollo series, translating into rich three-dimensional recordings with exceptional depth and punch. Digitally controlled analog monitor outputs provide full resolution audio (without digital scaling) at all listening levels — letting you create better mixes in real-world environments.
A Complete Analog Studio with Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing
Imagine having access to a classic analog recording studio, right on your desktop. Apollo Twin lets you record and mix through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Moog, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more,* Apollo Twin serves up authentic analog tone and warmth.
The key to its analog magic is onboard UAD-2 SOLO or DUO DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host CPU. Apollo Twin includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring a choice selection of vintage compressors, EQs and reverb, plus guitar amps and tube mic preamp emulation. From there, you can choose from a vast and expanding collection of plug-ins in the UA Online Store.
Track Through Classic Mic Preamps Using Unison™ Technology
Unison technology allows Apollo Twin’s mic preamps to sound and behave like the world's most sought-after tube and solid state preamps — including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviors. Based on breakthrough integration between Apollo’s digitally controlled analog mic preamps and its onboard UAD processing, Unison lets you track through colorful preamp emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, with more emulations coming soon.
High-speed Thunderbolt Connection to your Mac
Apollo Twin’s Thunderbolt connection features ultra-fast PCIe audio drivers for high-bandwidth, low-latency performance on all Thunderbolt-equipped Macs. Because Thunderbolt offers 12x the bandwidth of FireWire 800, you can connect numerous devices in line with Apollo Twin — including hard drives and HDMI/USB3 hubs — all with fast, flawless performance.
Professional I/O Connections
Apollo Twin is a 2-in/6-out interface with two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs, and up to eight additional channels of digital inputs via Optical connection. Its conveniently located Hi-Z instrument input and headphone jack allow you to capture inspiration the moment it strikes.
Console Application and Console Recall Plug-In
The Console application is Apollo Twin’s software control interface. Its intuitive, analog console-style design provides “realtime” tracking and monitoring with UAD Powered Plug-Ins — a feature not found in any other interface. Complete Apollo Twin Console setups can be saved as presets, or even saved within your sessions using the Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX 64). This enables hardware recall of all Apollo Twin settings, even months and years after you last opened your session.
Easy to Use with Any Mac DAW
Apollo Twin is compatible with all major Mac DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic, GarageBand, Cubase, Live, and more — allowing seamless integration no matter what recording software you use.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines,
- Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on
- modern Macs
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps
- Two premium mic/line preamps; Two line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphones output
- Two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to eight channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX64 in all major DAWs
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz* at 24-bit word length
- Up to 10 x 6 simultaneous input/output channels
- Two channels of analog-to-digital conversion via:
- Two balanced mic/line inputs
- One Hi-Z instrument input
- Six channels of digital-to-analog conversion via:
- Digitally-controlled stereo monitor outputs
- Stereo headphone outputs
- Line outputs 3-4
- Up to eight channels of digital inputs via:
- Eight channels ADAT optical with S/MUX for high sample rates, or
- Two channels S/PDIF optical with sample rate conversion
- 64-bit device drivers
- PCIe audio drivers
- Two high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally-controlled analog mic preamps
- Front panel and software control of all preamp parameters
- Low cut filter, 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Independently-addressable stereo headphone outputs
- Independently-addressable line outputs 3-4 can be used for additional cue mix
- Front panel control of monitor levels and muting
- One SHARC DSP processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all analog and digital inputs
- Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 devices when used with DAW
- Includes UAD Powered Plug-Ins “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle
- Complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library is available online
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Universal Audio