The PreSonus Studio 192 is the first USB 3.0 audio interface to deliver exceptional sonic fidelity and flexible connectivity in addition to professional monitoring and mixing controls in a single rack-space. Whether you’re a producer or an audio engineer, an independent band or a sound designer, the Studio 192 was built for you to create.
- Simultaneously stream up to 26 inputs and 32 outputs at 48kHz — or 8 x 14 at 192 kHz.
- Take advantage of award-winning StudioLive™ Fat Channel processing on every analog input with ZERO LATENCY monitoring.
- Remote control your XMAX™ preamps and create zero latency monitor mixes right from the included Studio One Artist DAW. (3rd-party DAW users can use PreSonus’ advanced UC Surface software to create zero-latency mixes with speaker switching and remote control the Studio 192 preamps via MIDI.)
- Set up mixes and control speaker switching from your computer, iPad or touch-enabled PC
- Use the Studio 192 as your studio command center with monitor mixing, speaker switching from Studio One® Artist or UC Surface™ and two independent headphone outputs
- Expand your I/O by added a DigiMax DP88 8-preamp converter (coming Fall 2015) with remote control.
Your studio Command Center.
The Studio 192 is designed to be the central hub for any project or professional studio. The onboard Talkback mic can be routed to any mix. Onboard Dim and Mono options let you take control of your Main mix. Listen to any mix from either headphone amp. Use the ten balanced outputs for monitor mixing, speaker switching, or both, depending on how you work. With its flexible software and abundant I/O, the Studio 192 fits into any recording and production environment.
XMAX preamps, now with remote control.
- Transparent sound that won't color the tone of your instrument
- Control preamps right from within the Studio One mixer
- Control preamp settings via MIDI in ProTools, Logic, or Live, and save settings with your recordings
- The ease of digital recall with the quality of Class A analog circuitry
The Studio 192 includes eight remote controlled XMAX preamps, each providing high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range, and extended frequency response. The resulting musicality and transparency provides smooth, solid sonic reproduction.
The Studio One in Studio 192.
Your audio interface is now an integrated extension of your recording environment. Launch Studio One and you’ll find the preamp controls, speaker switching, mono, dim, and talkback functions needed to control your Studio 192. Create zero-latency monitor mixes complete with Fat Channel processing without leaving the Studio One mixer. Studio One’s exclusive hybrid Fat Channel plug-in runs on both your computer’s processor and on your Studio 192 and switches with a sonically seamless transition. At last, you can punch in while monitoring the same audio between playback and recording.
Zero-latency monitor mixing and control.
Because we can’t create the same integrated Studio One experience in every recording application, the Studio 192’s onboard features can also be controlled in UC Surface’s road-tested interface. UC Surface has rapidly won accolades for its intuitive mixing interface that provides quick access to everything you need to create quality monitor mixes and get back to recording.
Great signal processors are a PreSonus tradition
Adding just the right amount of effects and processing to a monitor mix can make a huge difference in a musician’s ability to experience their performance naturally. To that end, the Studio 192 includes Fat Channel processing on every analog input, plus a stereo reverb and delay. The result is a better performance and ultimately a better recording.
A smooth trip from Analog to Digital
The Studio 192 is equipped with audiophile-grade, Burr-Brown processors to deliver top-quality digital conversion up to 192 kHz. These converters provide 118 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally. You’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail of a performance in your recordings.
Expandable when you need more I/O.
The DigiMax DP88 preamp/converter was designed to seamlessly extend the analog I/O on your Studio 192. Available early Fall 2015, the DP88 features eight digitally-controlled XMAX preamps, ADAT I/O support up to 96 kHz, direct analog inputs, DAC outputs, and Word Clock I/O. The DigiMax DP88 mic preamps are fully remote controllable from Studio One or UC Surface when connected via ADAT to your Studio 192 so that they naturally extend your analog inputs both sonically and functionally.
Integrated Zero-Latency Monitoring
- Zero latency monitoring with award-winning StudioLive™ Fat Channel processing on every analog input.
- Total integration with Studio One® for multitrack music production, zero-latency monitor mixing with effects, and studio command features. Studio One Artist included.
- UC Surface monitor mix control software with quick, intuitive access to all mixing and monitoring functions.
Your Studio Command Center
- Ultra low latency, 24-bit, 192 kHz USB 3.0 audio interface (backwards compatible with USB 2.0)
- Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs / 32 outputs (8 x 14 at 192 kHz)
- Flawless analog signal path with top-quality 118 dB digital conversion
- Individual stereo main balanced outputs with mono, dim, mute, output metering and level control accessible from front-panel, UC Surface, and Studio One
- Onboard talkback mic
- Two high-volume headphone outs with dedicated DACs for optimal headphone monitoring
- 8 XMAX™ remote controllable mic preamps with individual 48V Phantom Power switching and 85 dB gain range.
- 2 instrument inputs, available via dual-purpose front-panel combo jacks
- 6 balanced line level direct to ADC inputs, available via dual-purpose rear-panel combo jacks
- 8 balanced TRS ¼” outputs for monitor mixing and speaker switching
- ADAT / Dual SMUX Optical inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channel at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and Output
- BNC Wordclock input and output with low-jitter clocking
- Compatible with most music software for Mac or PC.
- USB 2.0 compatible
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- 1U rack-mountable
- 18 VDC external power supply (included)
- Studio One® Artist license included, PreSonus’ revolutionary digital audio workstation for Mac and Windows, with unlimited track count and 2 GB content
- UC Surface for Windows and Mac PCs, Windows 8 touch computers and iPad
AVShop.ca is a Canadian authorized Presonus